Translate

Thursday 30 March 2017

At The Conference

I was interested in attending conferences ever since I started my graduation studies. During the tenure of my education I wanted to attend conferences regarding my studies but couldn't get a chance. As soon as I graduated I got an opportunity to get myself enrolled in an International Conference which was to be held in Pakistan. The conference was regarding Medical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases. I was really excited about it.
I got myself registered for conference approximately a month before its date. I being a fresh graduate, was invited by the organizers to attend the Inaugural Ceremony too. The ceremony was held on evening before the day of conference. I reached at the specified auditorium in time, though I was a little bit scared as it was something new for me. As soon as I reached there, I was really happy that finally my little wish was becoming true.
I met there, the Vice Chancellor of my University. He was invited at the conference as a Special Guest. It was a great experience meeting with him. I (& probably most of my colleagues) viewed him like a monster who put us through extremely difficult tasks/ examinations. but when I met him & had a chat with him, my view regarding him changed, he was nice and a hardworking man who was putting his every effort to make better future for us, so that our community & country is served better from our part.
What added to my joy was that I met one of my senior at the Inaugural Ceremony. She was very kind and helpful. She guided me throughout & discussed with me the future career options, the pros & cons of each option. She shared with me the best of her knowledge & experience. I was very thankful to her for her knowledge and time.
The next day, conference began at scheduled time and yes it was happening!!!!! I was attending the conference. There was knowledge and knowledge, no limits, as much as one could take & learn from it. The Professors participated from across the world. They were from Japan, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, England, USA, from the hosting country i.e. Pakistan & many more areas of world. The focus of the conference was on Chickungunya Fever before tea break. Speakers/ Professors shared their knowledge and experience regarding incidence, prevalence, pathogenesis & treatment of Chickungunya Fever. They discussed the various clinical features through which patient can present with.
During the tea break, there was the segment of Poster Presentation, and youngsters from across the country and all over the world presented different sort of posters related to infectious diseases, approach, pathogenesis and treatment. Everyone's effort was clearly depicted in his/her poster. They were extraordinarily amazing and fruitful for all those who were part of the conference.
After the break, second session was dedicated to Zika Virus and Polio Virus. Everyone shared his/ her knowledge on the disease. The main focus was on efforts to eradicate and how to eradicate the disease. Methods for prevention, early detection and diagnosis were discussed in great detail. The epidemiology of viruses were described explicitly, so that the disease may eradicated even from the place of its origin.
After the lunch break, next session was focused on individual Adult and Pediatric Disease Control, like what diseases are more prevalent in adults, how to prevent them and most importantly how to stop cross infection from adults to children and vice versa. The discussion was also set upon the new emerging pathogens/ microorganisms e.g. Candida Auris, the means to stop them from emerging further and to treat those in time who are already infected before other people get infected.
After that there was session for Research Papers, undergraduates, postgraduates and also post docs presented there researches carried out on various infectious disease, whether on their incidence, pathogenesis or treatment. The researches were carried out on very large scale, they were not just confined to hospitals or small towns, not even cities, rather they were carried out at national & international levels. Every researcher had put his/her greatest and best effort in his/her research papers to make them meaningful, not just for professionals but even for the benefit of a common man too.
Then there was Closing Ceremony, people were presented with shields as a reward for there efforts. Prizes were distributed among the 1st, 2nd & 3rd position holders in Research Presentation. Lastly, the closing comments were given by Chairman of Medical Microbiology & Infectious Disease Society & by the Host of Conference of Medical Microbiology & Infectious Disease Society.
On the whole it was a fascinating experience for me and such a memorable event of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment